Carteret Police Department

 

Department History

In 1906 by an Act of the New Jersey State Legislature the Borough of Roosevelt was created by seceding from Woodbridge Township. That same year eight police officers were appointed forming our first Police Department. Officer Henry Harrington was promoted to Sergeant in 1908, then went on to become our first Chief of Police in 1914. In 1922 the Borough of Roosevelt was then renamed the Borough of Carteret.

 

Body Worn Camera Guidelines

 

 

Contact Information

230 Roosevelt Avenue
Carteret, NJ 07008

 

Additional Links